Are you ready to upgrade your smile? Veneers, one of the restorations offered by your Mattapoisett, MA, dentists at Aspire Dental Care, provide a simple solution for many cosmetic dental issues.
Veneers hide many dental flaws
Veneers conceal damage and imperfection in the fronts of your teeth where flaws are most noticeable. The thin shells are made of plastic or porcelain, materials that look just like your tooth enamel. Your dentist uses dental cement to attach the veneers to your teeth.
The restorations make it possible to:
- Keep minor damage or imperfections out of sight: Veneers cover chips, uneven surfaces, shallow cracks, and discolored teeth.
- Improve the uniformity of your smile: Veneers improve the shape of problem teeth and enhance the symmetry of your smile. They're a good option if you have crooked or oddly shaped teeth and can also be used to make your teeth look square or rounded.
- Conceal gaps: Veneers are an excellent option if you'd like to hide slight gaps between your teeth.
- Make your teeth longer: The restorations are often used to make short teeth look a little longer. Adding veneers can help you revitalize your smile if wear and tear or grinding have shortened your teeth.
- Hide a dull smile: Do you wish your teeth were whiter? Adding veneers can transform a dull smile. Depending on your preferences, you can choose a shade that's just a little brighter than your natural shade or much whiter.
Veneers require little preparation
You won't need extensive dental work to prepare your teeth for veneers. In fact, your dentist may only need to remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel during your visit to the Mattapoisett, MA, dental office. After removing the enamel, he'll make an impression of your teeth that will be used to create your veneers. While you wait to receive your permanent veneers, you may wear temporary restorations.
Veneers offer a long-term solution to many appearance issues
Your veneers will probably last 10 to 15 years or longer. Keep them in good condition by brushing them with a soft-bristle toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste. Avoid using your teeth to open bottles or packages or eating nuts and other hard foods that could damage your restorations.
Renew your smile with veneers from Aspire Dental Care! Call (508) 758-4925 to schedule an appointment with your dentists in Mattapoisett, MA.